23.9.13

The Essentials | Vegan Leather

| |


Often times when I tell someone I’m vegan they give me a surprised look. Not sure if they think I’m an alien or they think I’m just bullshitting them. Then I realize what they are thinking as the stare goes to my “leather” jacket, “leather” shoes and “leather” bag. Low and behold- all my vegan leather items are not the skin of a dead animal. Here’s a list of my essentials. The type of stuff I can’t live without and it includes a few vegan leather products. 

1. James Jeans- Yes, these jeans are by the company I design for but they truly are phenomenal. We make ‘em completely by hand from start to finish and they have the best fit I’ve ever experienced. Shop here

2. Black Tee- Because this is the easiest fail-proof classic that can never go wrong. Shop similar here

3. Moto Jacket- I own quite a few of these and whenever I’m out I have to resist the urge to buy (yet) another one. Nasty Gal, Wasteland, H&M and Forever 21 have a great selection. Free People has a few winners as well. Shop here

4. The Clutch- Absolutely essential. Sleek and minimal with some silver hardware is usually what I go for. This one is my Stella McCartney. The most amazing, luxurious, high-quality vegan leather I’ve seen. Shop similar here

5. Silver Ring- Best when one is worn on almost every finger. Plethora of them here

6. Ankle Boots- I’ve seen many Jeffrey Campbell knockoffs recently and although being knocked off sucks, the copies are usually non-leather which is nice. I’ve been into buckled ankle boots for the past few years and the obsession isn’t dying out anytime soon. Shop here

7. LUSH products- This company is just awesome. Their products are handmade, ethical and organic. Not to mention they fight animal testing and contribute to charities. After trying their stuff you’ll leave the synthetic crap that is mass marketed behind you forever. Check them out here

8. OCC Lip Tar- 100% vegan and a pioneer in the cosmetics industry. Their Lip Tar is super lightweight and has a matte finish that can be coated with their clear gloss for shine. I usually keep it matte and it stays on all night long, no need to reapply or constantly check in the mirror. Plus, this shade is killer. Ever look up what’s in your lipstick? Scary. Shop here

9. Black Eyeliner- I love a good cat eye. Urban Decay sticks to cruelty-free testing and has a nice assortment of vegan products. This eyeliner seriously stays on 24/7. I’ve probably had it stay on 48/2. Shop here

 
Tumblr Twitter Instagram